Our Basis of Faith
There are many denominations within the Global Christian Church. Like a number of churches in the UK, we are an independent non-denominational church. The Basis of Faith below describes our key doctrinal beliefs. These follow very similar lines to most mainstream Christian churches and specifically aligns most closely with the statement of faith from the Evangelical Alliance.
- We believe in God the Father, Jesus his Son and the Holy Spirit. He is the one true God who lives eternally in all three persons.
- We believe in the love, grace and sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- We believe in the divine inspiration and truth of the bible, the written Word of God. The supreme authority in all matters of life, faith and conduct.
- We believe in the dignity of all people, who are made to love and worship God, be holy, and care for His creation. The consequence of Adam's sin brought death and corruption to God's creation.
- We believe in God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. He was born of the Virgin Mary; lived on earth, both truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- We believe in the substitution sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, defeating evil, redeeming us from the guilt, power and eternal consequences of sin, reconciling us with God, which we remember in the partaking of communion.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Christ, his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- We believe in the justification and salvation of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ. In obedience we celebrate this salvation by full immersion baptism.
- We believe in the illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- We believe in the priesthood of all believers who form the Church of which Christ is the head. The Church is given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit's gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- We believe in the personal and visible return of Jesus Christ in power and glory. He will raise all people to judgment; bring eternal life in heaven for the redeemed and eternal condemnation in hell to the lost.