Visiting on Sunday
Sometime people don't know what to expect when they visit a church. Let us try to answer some of the questions you may be asking yourself?
What will happen when I arrive?
- We always have someone at the door to welcome you. They can help with finding a seat and knowing where everything is.
- On a Sunday we start around 10:30am. If you arrive early then you can settle in, find a seat and chat to others arriving early. If not, don't worry. You wont be the only one arriving late!
What happens during the service?
- The service mainly consists of music and talk from the Bible. We normally start with a welcome and an overview of what's happening that week.
- We enjoy music and songs as a way of expressing our praise to God. We sing modern songs with a modern band usually for around 45 minutes.
- After the children go to their Sunday classes someone will share a message from the Bible that's relevant for today.
- We usually finish by around 12pm. Afterwards we enjoy Tea, Coffee, Biscuits and sometimes Cake.
Do I have to sing?
- We enjoy singing and expressing our worship. However, we don't expect visitors to join in unless they feel comfortable to.
- During the service people will often sit and contemplate so it won't be odd if you want to just sit and watch. Then again, if you join in you may find you enjoy it!
Do I have to dress smartly?
- We are a pretty casual people. Many wear jeans and t-shirts, others are smarter. We don't think what you wear on the outside is nearly as important as what goes in within us.
Do you do anything 'weird'?
- It depends what you mean as 'weird'! We are lively and expressive. Some of the service during the music may feel like a rock concert with people clapping and dancing. At other times we're silent. We believe that God talks to those willing to listen.
- We take an offering where we give our money. This is really for our church members. Don't feel compelled to give. Many give once a month, or by direct debit so it wont be strange not giving when the time comes.
- Once a month we take communion (bread and wine). We explain what this is about at the time.
If you have any other questions then contact us and ask.